Placing I-Share Requests
Here are some things you should know about requesting library materials through I-Share:
I-Share is available to Illinois residents. This library-sharing consortium gives you access to over 37 million items from 89 academic libraries in Illinois.
- Because materials are delivered by a statewide courier system, most requested materials will arrive in two days. Sometimes, requests will take longer to fill, but generally, you should receive your requested item within two to three days.
- You will NOT receive a confirmation email when you place a request but you WILL receive an email once your requested item has arrived. An email will inform you when your I-Share item is ready for pickup.
- You can see the status of your requests by logging in to your library account.
- Normally, your requested items are delivered to the Crowell Library Circulation Desk, but you have the option of selecting any other I-Share library as the delivery location when you place the request. If you do not receive an email letting you know your book has arrived within 10 days, your request has been UNFILLED. Usually, when a request is unfilled, it is because all copies of the item you want are in use. When this happens, place another request for the same item in I-Share. Often, by the time you place another request, a copy has become available and will then be delivered to you.
- I-Share materials belong to other libraries. Please take good care of them and return them promptly.
- You can request online renewals of your I-Share materials by logging in to your library account.
- With the library barcode on your Moody ID card, you can borrow materials from any of the 89 other I-Share libraries (such as Wheaton or Trinity) directly.
- You can also return I-Share materials at any I-Share member library as well. If you are closer to Wheaton when your I-Share item is due, you can drop it off at the Wheaton College library, and they will automatically route it back to the owning library.
If you have questions about requesting, using, or returning I-Share items, please email the Interlibrary Loan office at email@example.com or call (312) 329-2068.